Monday, September 9, 2013

7 Silly Questions w/ TRAAMS!


I can't stop listening to UK trio TRAAMS. Seriously. It's a problem. They haven't even officially released their debut LP Grin yet and I am hooked. Grin comes out September 24 on FatCat, btw...Thankfully, despite all the busy work and shows and whatnot that surround a new release, two of the TRAAMS bandmates agreed to answer our highly dubious questions!



What's the most embarrassing band you loved as a kid?
Stu: I really loved Madness, I had all their singles on video tape and used to watch it endlessly. I first saw them in a episode of the young ones where Rick asks the band, "Do you know summer holiday by Cliff Richard?" and Suggs replies, "You hum it and I'll smash your face in." I thought they were so cool.
Adam: Probably Limp Bizkit? I'm not that embarrassed about it though. They're very good at what they do.

What is the first record you bought?
Stu: Do the Bartman - the Simpsons. It's written and produced by Michael Jackson . I got it on 7" from Woolworths. The first proper album I bought was Parklife by Blur.
Adam: Americana by the Offspring. I bought it from a little chef, when I was 10.

Unicorns vs. Narwhals? Who would win in a fight?
Stu: Unicorns, they're mythical aren't they, don't mess with a mythical creature. They'll fuck you up.
Adam: Depends if the fight is on land or water doesn't it? I'd go for narwhals though. They exist, so they're already winning.

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you on the road?
Stu: Pulling up on two sets of couples dogging at a closed service station. They were all really going for it. We didn't realise till we were right up next to them with our headlights shining into their cars.
Adam: Padley ruining his ankle leapfrogging Shona (Honeyblood) in Tallinn, probably. Catching doggers? I dunno.

Who has the worst van etiquette?
Adam: Stuart.
Stu: Me . I wanna say one of the other two . But it's me

Who is in heavy rotation on your iPod?
Stu: Menace Beach, Hooded Fang, Merchandise, Young Marble Giants, Dirty Beaches, Scout Niblet, MBV.
Adam: Women. Clinic. Parquet Courts. Scratch Acid. Hookworms.

What is the worst fight over nothing that you got into with each other after being road weary and exhausted?
Adam: Padley gave us a telling off once for not playing tight enough. It was one against two, and we got owned.
Stu: We once had a argument over hair wax.

No comments: