Tuesday, December 16, 2008

7 Silly Questions with Pale Young Gentlemen

Madison, WI. Beautiful town. Great college atmosphere. But, not necessarily the first place my mind goes when I think of indie rock. Fried cheese ends. Yes. Beer. Absolutely. Scalloped potatoes with ham. You bet. But I never really thought a band as great as Pale Young Gentlemen would make their home there.

In October 2008, Pale Young Gentlemen released the fantastic disc Black Forest (Tra la la). We caught up with brothers Mike & Matt Reisenauer and asked them some fairly obnoxious questions:


Viva: What's the most embarrassing band you loved as a kid?
Matt: Paula Abdul. I don't think she qualifies as a band, but I stole "Shut Up and Dance" from my good friend at the time. I later gave it back.
Mike: At my first grade birthday party I had two friends. Both of them gave me the same MC Hammer tape. I returned one of them for Vanilla Ice

Viva: Who looks the best in drag?
Matt: I do. As long as I avoid yellow. It doesn't mesh well with my skin-tone.
Mike: I have yet to see any of my bandmates in drag so have no idea. But I look the best with an eye patch on.

Viva: Who smells the worst on tour in the van?
Matt: Mike. Just his left pit though.
Mike: We all smell quite nice, no kidding.

Viva: A wise man told me never to print anything the drummer says. Is that true?
Matt: You're printing this.
Mike: Do wise men actually talk about drummers?

Viva: What's the funniest thing that happened to you on the road?
Matt: The van broke down immediately after Tom Petty's "Breakdown". That's true.
Mike: The random shit.

Viva: Who's in heavy rotation on your iPod?
Matt: Mike showed me MGMT, which I'm enjoying a lot.
Mike: Percy Thrills Thrillington "Thrillington"

Viva: Whats the worst fight over nothing that you got into with each other after being road weary and exhausted?
Matt: Brett and I once threw down over a fruit and yogurt parfait. He thought it was his and I wanted it.
Mike: How essential Viggo Mortensen's nudity is in "Eastern Promises".




Explore Pale Young Gentlemen when you get a few moments! You will love them.
Pale Young Gentlemen Myspace





Tags:

No comments: