Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LA Tool & Die - My Brother In Law Won't Go To Your Show 7"


I don't get a lot of vinyl sent my way...probably because it's really hot in Greensboro and would melt on my porch while waiting for me to get home and listen to it! LA Tool & Die has created a fun little 7" here. A-Side is My Brother in Law Won't Go To Your Show. I spoke about this track a little before when I wrote up their full album a few months ago. Basically, it's the hysterical tale of the indie rocker who grows up, stops being able to follow the scene, and sits at home listening to his Built to Spill and Silver Jews records from the mid-90s. The line "He used to DJ College radio, but that was 13 f*ckin' years ago" cracks me up as I often feel the same way. This track is a must listen for any indie rocker who is feeling the sting of the aging process. B-Side is 1983 (The Year Corey Hart Exploded in My Pants) which is full of amazing 80s synth riffs and goofy guitar sounds. It's about as 80s as you can get without getting out your knit tie and Van's French Legion hat with the flaps in the back. This is worth your time.



No comments: